Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Would you ever consider a job change?

It has been a stressful  the last couple months trying to decide if a job change was what I needed if I was going to stay in the teaching profession.  The classroom is getting more and more challenging and I feel that I do not have the support and resources needed to effectively meet the needs of ALL my students.  Behavior needs, learning needs, emotional needs, and curricular needs are just a few reasons I have felt like a failure the last two years.

  Have I met the majority of needs of my students? Absolutely, but what bothers me are the students I know need extra help, yet the system we need to go through that basically just delays the inevitable. These students needed help that was not provided due to not enough "data."  Data is something I believe in, but when a first grader cannot write their name, cannot rhyme, and forgets where the bathroom is then do we really wait 18 weeks to decide if they need intensive instruction? 

Anyway,  I have made the jump into a new position.  I took a job as an elementary interventionist in a new district recently.  I will be able to work with the student population that I want to help most, the struggling learner.  I am excited to be able to teach both reading and mathematics so if I do have that urge to go back to the classroom then I would be able to do so.  I am nervous to start this new chapter in my life, but sometimes change is good....



See this product in my store by clicking : Back to School Math and Literacy
In order to celebrate my new journey, I would like to host a giveaway.  I would like to choose two people to win my 77 page, 16 activity Back to School math and literacy packet (above)that has great activities that will fit in perfectly for the first few weeks of school.  All of my products are classroom tested and kid approved!  I aim to create low prep, engaging, and interactive activities that are common core aligned.   To win this product just comment here telling me why you would like to win this product and list an email where I can send the product if you are chosen to win.  If you are not chosen I will have this product in my store for only $4.00 until Friday (normally $8.50!!).  I will announce a winner late tomorrow night (Thursday).

Please do not hesitate to sign up to follow my blog, Facebook page, Pinterest, and my Teachers pay Teachers store so you do not miss out on my future giveaways and discount products.  Here is the business card I recently created:
 
Front of the card


Back of the card with QR code links to my Pinterest, Blog, Facebook Page, and TpT store.
 


Thanks and take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment