Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No School Today and a Sale on TpT!

Hello Everyone!

Our district closed school today and I am blessed with a work day to try to catch up get ahead  on some work here at school.  Do you have to go into school when school is called off?  Last year was the first year we had to, but to be honest I love it!  I get a whole day to work in my classroom without a second of nagging from my husband that I work too much :). 

Here is a view of the school playground on our snow/ice day. 

We had a staff development day yesterday and I spent the majority of the day working on English Language Arts assessments that align to the Common Core State Standards AND our report card standards.  I only completed 1.RL.1 and 1.RIT.1 and even after completing those assessment I still feel like I need more.  I have two assessments for both standards, but that is not enough for the whole school year.  Does anyone know of any good TpT products that could help me?  I would create them all myself if I had more time, but time is ticking fast and I need them ASAP. 

I have been busy making my math fact assessment packets more presentable to be sold on TpT.  I have created a math facts program for my first graders and I have been soooooo impressed how well they are impoving!  I have collected math fact data in our school for a number of years and EVERY year we have the same results!!  It was so frustrating so I decided to create a math fact program that builds on the skills and strategies needed to be successful in math facts.  This is not a "drill and kill" math fact program, but one that works on skip counting not only forwards, but backwards as well to help build the dreaded subtraction skills.  I also teach BOTH addition and subtraction at the same time to help students see the patterns between the two functions.

I only have the + 2/- 2 and the +5/-5 math fact packets posted and will soon have the +10/-10 off the decade.  I am in the works with the +0/-0 and +1/-1 packet.  All packets include a weekly lesson plan that you could use in your classroom as well as a chart for progress monitoring.

 

 



I am having a SALE in TpT!  I am extending my sale on all my sight word packets until Thursday.  I created three separate Dolch sight word packets (pre-primer, primer, and first grade sight words).  I created each packet as a sight word program.  There is consistency between the packets, but I also varied the lessons in each packet so your students do not get bored doing the same activities.  Here are the links:

Included in this packet:
* Weekly word lists that can be sent home with students to practice 10 words each week.
* I Have Who Has game for each of the 4 weeks.
* Roll, Read, and Record along with sight word lists and an option of using spinners if dice is not an option for you in your classroom.
* Weekly sight word booklets for each of the 4 weeks that practice on recognizing how the word is spelled, writing a sentence using that word, and practicing each word in a variety of fun ways.
*Sight word flashcards for your students to practice at school and home.
 

 


Included in this 140 page packet:
*Weekly word list for each of the five weeks to practice at school and at home.
*Weekly speed read sheets that students can practice at home or at school.
*Weekly sight word booklets that focus on spelling, identifying, and writing a sentence using each word.


Included in the 125 pages are:
*Weekly sight words for students to practice at school and at home.
*Weekly speed read sheets that students practice at home to work on reading each of the 10 weekly sight words.
*Weekly sight word booklets that work on spelling, identifying, and writing a sentence using each word.
*Weekly roll, say, keep games
*Weekly word searches to further practice identifying each sight word.


Thanks and have a great day!!

Tina Parker








No comments:

Post a Comment